Climate Task Force Resources
Silicon Valley Energy Map
The Silicon Valley Energy Watch program launched an interactive online map that visually plots energy use, solar installation, and green building data for Santa Clara County. The Silicon Valley Energy Map marks the first time that energy-related data for multiple cities is compiled into a central location, making it easy for anyone to research and monitor the community’s progress toward local and statewide sustainability goals.
The Silicon Valley Energy Map is a dynamic, searchable map that visually pinpoints energy use, solar installations, and certified green buildings in Santa Clara County. Learn more about the map and how you can use it to track your community’s progress towards clean energy goals.
For More Information
- Visit the Silicon Valley Energy Map website.
- Read more about the Silicon Valley Energy Map.
- Read the press release about Silicon Valley Energy Map.
- Visit the Silicon Valley Energy Watch website.
The Sustainability Hub online “webtool” is Sustainable San Mateo County’s newest community resource. Building upon the success of our long-standing Indicators Report, this new community website will be your one-stop hub to find and share solutions and resources to make your life, business and community more sustainable. The Sustainability Hub will illustrate the connections between what is happening and how we can make improvements. It will include a host of features, all designed to help communities implement sustainable programs by turning intent into action.
- Solution Guides: Will connect each indicator in our report with recommended sustainable actions and case studies from cities and community groups around the Bay Area
- Resource Directory: Will connect those recommended actions with local business, nonprofit and agency resources
- Local Search Engine: Will provide a customized Google-based search engine for San Mateo County to locate other sustainability websites and resources
- Bay Area Green Job Board: Region’s first and only job board focused on our regions booming green industries. Post and look for jobs
- Interactive interface: Allowing users to submit and share solutions, resources, events and jobs.
Statewide Energy Efficiency Collaborative
The Statewide Energy Efficiency Collaborative (SEEC) is a collaboration between three statewide nonprofit organizations and California’s four investor-owned utilities. It is an alliance to help California cities and counties reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy. For more information, visit www.californiaseec.org.