Economic Development Alliance
What are we doing?
Throughout San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and southern Alameda Counties, there are economic development professionals who share a vision that growth in our key business clusters benefits us all. The Silicon Valley Economic Development Alliance (EDA) is comprised of cities and counties focused on achieving individual and regional economic development goals while maximizing scarce resources. They are committed to addressing business needs, whether through local government policy and streamlined permitting processes, or linking businesses to local and regional resources that add value to company innovation and growth.
Learn more about what economic development is and how it helps our region succeed by watching our video.
Why are we doing it?
Our goal is to provide a “one-stop concierge" service for businesses and organizations to connect with economic development professionals in Silicon Valley through our website, SiliconValleyOnline.org. The site is rich with information and resources, including an interactive map of member jurisdictions and a resources guide for state and local tools and organizations.
Leadership and members
Silicon Valley EDA is chaired by John Lang, Economic Development Manager at the City of Morgan Hill. Twenty six cities and counties are members of the Silicon Valley EDA, along with participation from neighboring jurisdictions and support organizations - download the current roster here.
What are the latest developments?
- The marketing team has a strategic plan that emphasizes participation in organizations that advance the interests of the EDA and its members, such as the Urban Land Institute and the International Council of Shopping Centers
- The EDA hosts a Broker Breakfast series to brief the commercial real estate community on development activities in our member jurisdictions
- We held our second annual conference on November 1-2, 2018 in Santa Cruz
What are the next steps?
- Ongoing promotion of our region as a great place to grow a company
- Offering our members as resources to the business community through the website and other direct exchanges with key business sectors
Where do I find out more?
To learn more about the Silicon Valley EDA, please contact: