March 17, 2020 – Joint Venture Silicon Valley CEO Russell Hancock today announced that the organization has been repurposed and re-deployed in service to the COVID-19 health crisis facing the region.
“Now more than ever the region needs to leverage Joint Venture’s data, analysis, convening power, and leadership,” Hancock said.
Until the crisis subsides, Joint Venture will:
- Redeploy the food recovery initiative to work with newly-shuttered restaurants and Joint Venture’s network of suppliers to distribute their suddenly-surplus food to families who will be hardest hit
- Provide data and analysis through Joint Venture’s Institute (The Silicon Valley Institute for Regional Studies) to garner data about the crisis and to model the long-term economic impact on the region
- Redeploy Joint Venture’s Silicon Valley Talent Partnership’s pro bono teams who can, even though working from home, provide communications, strategic planning, data analysis and cybersecurity consulting to organizations forming their COVID-19 response
- Make certain the region’s communications infrastructure is serving the spiking need throughout the crisis, through Joint Venture’s Wireless Communications and Broadband initiatives, Joint Venture will also work with community partners to make broadband penetrate more deeply
- Serve as a clearing house and matchmaker for Joint Venture member companies and others who have equipment to donate (e.g laptops for at-home school children)
- Work with member companies such as Accenture to deploy civic technology
- Make broad appeals to Joint Venture members and others to contribute to the Regional Response Fund being administered by Silicon Valley Community Foundation, so that financial assistance can go out to those who are on the brink of homelessness
- Act as a regional clearing house for information and best practices
- Share information and resources from federal and state agencies for the region’s companies and their employees through Joint Venture’s Economic Development Alliance
- Study innovative ways for the region to accelerate economic recovery when the crisis subsides
About Joint Venture Silicon Valley
Established in 1993, Joint Venture provides analysis and action on issues affecting the Silicon Valley economy and quality of life. The organization brings together established and emerging leaders—from business, government, academia, labor and the broader community—to spotlight issues, launch projects and work toward innovative solutions. For more information, visit www.jointventure.org.